Okay, so you took the plunge and finally bought that gym membership to start off the new year with a bang. So, what are the the best exercises to do at the gym? The only problem now is that, despite your best intentions, you aren’t quite sure what to do next! If you are looking for a starting point in the big wide world of gym culture, then don’t worry, you have come to the right place. When it comes to the real gym addicts, people can have lists of dozens of different workout schedules to follow and routines to master for different parts of their body, on different days, but if you are only just starting out, you might want to take it a little slower! To help ease you in to gym life here are the single four the best exercises to do at the gym.
Burpees might seem intimidating, but once you have the method down, you will be up there burpeeing with the best of them!
• Stand up straight then go down into a squat, with your hand placed on the floor right in front of you.
• Next, kick your legs back so that you are now in the plank position, then returning them to the original squat position that you took up.
• Jump into the air as high as you can, perhaps giving a shout of enthusiasm as you do so!
• Repeat this until you can really start to feel the burn and beyond.
2. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are a great thing to do because they are a full body workout that requires no equipment whatsoever, so you don’t need to worry about making a fool of yourself with a machine!
• Start in the plank position and put your hands underneath your chest, making sure they are shoulder-width apart.
• Make sure that your arms are straight, with the rest of your body forming a straight line from the ankle up to your shoulder.
• Keeping your body as straight as possible, lift your right foot from the floor and bring it up towards your chest.
• Repeat this with the opposite leg and so on.
3. Jumping Squats
Be extra brave and do these simple jumping squats using a wide stance and you will burn so much more fat!
• Stand with your feet placed apart at shoulder width.
• Make sure that all of your body weight is rested on your heels.
• Making sure that your knees do not extend in any direction past where your toes are, proceed to squat down, then come back up and jump in the air as high as you can.
• When it comes to landing the jump back on the ground, return your body to the same wide squat position that you started in, and repeat!
4. Jumping Jacks
Hey, we all did a million jumping jacks on the playground as kids, so why not take them up again? They are one of the best exercises you can do to increase calorie burn, as well as add to overall aerobic endurance.
• Start with your feet together and your knees bent slightly. Your arms should be by your side.
• Jump in the air while simultaneously lifting your arms and spreading your legs wide.
• Land gently on the ground with your feet still wide and your arms still lifted.
• Repeat the jumping motion, but this time bringing your feet back together and putting your arms back by your side.
• Land this time in a slight squatting position, and then proceed to repeat until you're are good and sweaty!