You need protein to build muscle after a workout, and plant-based proteins can help.
Most experts suggest you take in carbohydrates in a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein.
This is essential to restore glycogen stores, recover properly, and build muscle.
Unlike most traditional thinking, however, you can actually get all the plant-based proteins needed for recovery.
Try out these healthier options after your next workout to boost your recovery speed the whole foods way!
This dark leafy green is good for you in so many ways that it’s hard to count.
This is one of the most surprising plant-based proteins, with one cup of chopped kale containing a whopping 3g of protein!
That is pretty good for a leafy green if I do say so myself.
It is also loaded with vitamins K and C to help with the oxidative stress after exercising.
Let’s be honest though, not everyone wants a kale salad right after working out.
Some people may grab chips or treats to reward themselves with, but there are still tasty and quick ways to eat kale.
Buy a bag of kale chips instead of potato, or make your own in the oven ahead of time so you can grab them post-workout.
You can also add kale to your protein smoothie or shake.
- Shed Unwanted 😖 Pounds with These 👆🏼👈🏼 Calorie Burning 🔥 Workouts 🏋🏼♀️ ...
- 7 Plant Based Protein Sources to Add to Your Diet ...
- 9 Pre-workout Energy Bar Recipes That'll Help You Power through Your Workout ...
- 7 Foods to Eat after Your Next Workout to Improve Muscle Pain ...
- Eat Better to Sleep Better with Plant-Based Foods ...
- A Turbo-Charged Workout for Thinner Thighs in 7 Minutes ...