Being skinny-fat is oh-so common among women and men alike!
What skinny-fat means is that while you have a thin, lean appearance and look fit in clothes, you actually have low muscle mass and a high body fat percentage.
So, a normal BMI but high body fat percentage.
Often times skinny fat people don't have to lose a ton of fat but they need to gain quite a bit of muscle to compensate for their body fat percentage.
This could mean actually gaining weight from a scale perspective.
Keep reading if you are interested in getting rid of your own skinny-fatness!
*It should be noted that I am not a fitness professional-I have consulted professional trainers and have done my research because I personally am a skinny-fat person!*
1. Know the Health Risks of Being Skinny-fat
In our culture it's tempting to simply embrace being skinny fat because, based on appearances alone, you look great.
But appearances are not everything.
Just as being obese comes with an array of health risks, having too much body fat and too little muscle poses similar risks.
High blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar are all risk factors for many diseases.
Overall the amount of fat might not be high, but it could be tucked away as visceral fat, which means it's dangerously surrounding your internal organs.
Just remember that looks can be deceiving and a crappy diet composed of processed sugar may not be showing up on your waistline but instead could be wrecking your health overall.
- 10 Ways to Burn Belly Fat ...
- Why Can't You 🤔 Seem to Lose 🗑 That Belly Fat? 😫 ...
- Fab 👍🏼 Things to do to Make the Most of Rest Days 📅 ...
- How to Lose Belly Fat Fast for Women
- Sensational 👏🏼 Ways to Get Your Heart Pumping 💓 and Melt Away Fat 🔥 ...
- Try This 3️⃣0️⃣ Day Ab Challenge 🗓 for Girls Who Want a Super Hot 🔥 Bod ...